Be your company’s best-ever ambassador! We will help you sound friendly, efficient, and calm on the phone. Our programmes include telephone manners, answering enquiries, taking and passing on messages, making appointments, handling complaints, apologising and other job-related English speaking skills. Handouts are provided throughout the programme to reinforce the training.
Enjoy communicating with clients and colleagues in English! We focus on greetings, understanding and responding to questions, offering and asking for advice and recommendations, giving and requesting information, and lots more. There are listening activities, role plays, discussions and advice about English idioms and sentence structures.
Do you need essential English language skills to conduct business effectively and to handle a wide variety of tasks in the workplace? With our focus on developing your speaking and listening skills, together with grammar, vocabulary-building, and business writing, English at work will quickly become a tool and not a challenge.
Additional Corporate Programmes
- English for Receptionists and Secretaries
- English for Executives
- Report Writing and Business Correspondence
- Effective Speaking Skills
- Social and Business Etiquette
Tailor-made programmes for Corporate Clients
Following a detailed needs analysis of your target staff, we create a programme to suit your business culture and your staff’s specific needs. The focus of our programme will be on the language and social skills your employees require.
An end of programme report with recommendations, is presented to management.
Social Etiquette Programmes for Corporate Clients
Please note that the topic areas listed below can stand alone in one-off workshops, or can be incorporated into a much wider programme. The duration of the programme dictates, to some extent, the content.
- Accepting and refusing Invitations – formal and informal; written and spoken
- Greetings, introductions and goodbyes; appropriateness of a European welcome kiss; handing out name cards
- Toasts and after-dinner speeches
- Recognising and responding to social and business status
- Recognising and responding to cultural differences
- Social taboos
- Table seating plans + conversation
- Table settings – cutlery, glassware and chinaware + setting place cards
- Handling a menu – appetisers, starters, fish, meat, cheese, desserts
- Drinks – aperitifs, cocktails, mocktails, wines, spirits, ports
- Specialised topics – horse-racing, theatre, opera, polo, golf, fishing, shooting
- Red carpet events
- Opening and continuing a conversation
- Small talk and conversational topics, politely interrupting
- Poise, posture and gestures
- Choosing an appropriate outfit – male and female
- Style to suit different body shapes, make-up and hair